Graduate Student Computers
ESSM has two locations with graduate student computers, equipped with high-speed computers and a b/w laser printer:
- Kleberg Center (KLCT) 114 (four computers and printer)
- Horticulture/Forest Science Bldg. (HFSB) 302 (one computer, printer, large poster plotter*)
These locations can be your main computing resource or serve to supplement your personal computer or one your advisor provides. We maintain current hardware and software on all computers in the lab. Key software that may be of particular use to you:
- ArcGIS Desktop 10 (10.0.2414)
- doPDF 7.2 printer
- Google Earth (188.8.131.5201)
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (14.0.6029.1000) (has Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition - ENU
- SAS 9.2 (9.2)
- SigmaPlot 11.0 (11.0)
Other software also available on these computers:
- 7-Zip 9.20 (x64 edition) (9.20.00.0)
- Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin (10.3.183.5)
- Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX 64-bit (184.108.40.206)
- Adobe Reader X (10.1.1) (10.1.1)
- iTunes (10.5.0.142)
- Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1 (x86 en-US) (7.0.1)
- Notepad++ (5.8.5)
- Picasa 3 (3.8)
> To get an account for and access to the graduate student computer labs, please e-mail Madysen Rydeen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plotter: ESSM has a wide-format plotter to print posters for professional meetings. This is free for graduate students. The poster printer is in HFSB 302. Contact Jeff Wythe or call 972.914.9446, or Madysen Rydeen to arrange printing. An appointment must be made prior to using the poster printer.
*You may use the computer in HSB 302 during business hours, 8 AM - 5 PM. If a student has a prior appointment to print a poster, they receive first priority for use of the computer in HFSB 302.