- General Information
- Information Technology & Website Hosting
IT Reminders and Helps:
Please report ANY security incident with your computer to Jeff Wythe via email (wythe (AT) TAMU.EDU or phone (979.255.0098), whether it involves your computer directly or not. Examples
o Having your security software give you a report of a virus on your computer
o Someone you don’t know attempting to use a departmental computer
o Receiving an email asking you for a password
- Each employee is responsible for maintaining data backups if they elect not to use the department of ESSM file services. If you don’t know for sure whether you are using these services, please reach out for assistance. FYI: most users have at least some data on their computer that needs backup, even if you are using the file services.
- Employees should not keep confidential information on their workstation, such as credit card numbers or social security numbers. For most of the department, your computer has a program to search for these items called “Identity Finder” installed that makes it easy to find these items.
- Software installed on workstations should be limited to that which has a business purpose and is properly licensed.
IT Support Contact Directory: PLEASE FIRST TRY TO RE-BOOT BEFORE YOU MAKE A CALL.
- Help Desk Central, 979.845.8300, 24 hours 7 days per week email@example.com
- NETID problems (won't work; need password reset)
- TAMULINK-WPA Wireless problems
- VPN access to campus network
- TAMU Gmail account
- AgriLife First Call, 979.996-2056 8:00 am - 5:00 pm weekdays firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agnet email or Agnet Lync password problems
- Agnet web access problems
- Laserfiche problems
- ITS (Instructional Technology Services), Support for Students: Contact Help Desk Central; Support for Instructors/Staff: 979.458.3417, email@example.com
- Blackboard system problems
- ESSM Departmental IT Support, 972.914.9446, firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other network or computer related support
New web sites needed by TAMU ESSM faculty, staff, and student clubs/organizations will be hosted by AgriLife Communications going forward. To request a new site, complete a work request form. Please include in the decription whether you the URL to be of the form http://agrilife.org/sitename or http://sitename.tamu.edu.
Once your website is set up, contact Judith Turlington to add a link to your new site on the ESSM website, under your faculty page or other location as deemed appropriate.
How do I get a visiting scientist on the TAMU wireless Network?
For guests with a duration of less than 2 weeks, the sponsoring faculty or staff just needs to go to guest.tamu.edu, log in with your Net-ID, and follow the instructions. The folks at identity management will then provide the account information you need.
For guests with a visit duration of longer than 2 weeks, it is suggest that a Net-ID be obtained. To obtain a Net-ID, the sponsoring staff/faculty will need to send an email to email@example.com containing the request for a Net-Id and the form Visiting Scholar 5VS and the UIN for the visitor. The 5VS is on file with the department HR manager, currently Cheryl Yeager.
- Payroll & Human Resources
- Single Sign On
- ESSM Schedule of 2014-15 Biweekly Pay Periods
- Holiday Schedule
- Employee Notices
- Prospective Employee Information
- Staff Evaluation - Must be complete online in Greatjobs
- Greatjobs Performance Evaluation FAQs
- Position Description
- Outside Consulting and External Employment
- Sick Leave Pool Contribution Form
- Leave Policies & Regulations
- Application Requirement for Temporary Wage Positions(does not apply to student workers)
- An application is now required to be submitted to payroll with other new employee paperwork for wage (temporary) positions. The best practice for recruiting and selection of wage or temporary positions is noted in the Recruiting and Selection Guide for Hiring Managers and Supervisors and includes posting an NOV and accepting applications in Greatjobs. You may have the applicant complete and print an application from Greatjobs or complete a new form, AG-402, Application for Wage/Temporary Position. The application will be submitted to payroll along with the other new employee paperwork.
- Employee Termination Checklist
- It’s important to notify the ESSM Business Office when an employee is leaving employment in order for our office to complete the proper documents in a timely manner. The agency has procedures that an AG-442, Employee Out-Processing Checklist must be submitted to payroll within 30 days of the employee’s last day on the payroll. The checklist is to assist units in timely removal of electronic access and return of property. Our office will be asking Managers for assistance in helping us complete the checklist for outgoing employees.
- Disbursements/Accounts Payable
- Single Sign On (Concur Login)
- Concur: Beginning with the Basics
- Entering Credit Cards into Your Concur Profile
- Concur Training Resources
- Shorts Travel Contact Information
- Concur Mobile Apps
- Motor Vehicle Rental Exemption Certificate
- Travel Request Form
- Travel Request Instructions
- Mileage Log
- Direct Deposit (AgriLife Travel)
- Direct Deposit (TAMU Travel)
- Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate
- US State Department Travel Advisories
- Foreign Travel (TAMU)
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBS)
- Contracts & Grants
- Document Management (Laserfiche)
- Business Office Contact Information
Texas A&M University
Department of Ecosystem Science & Management
Attn: Business Office
College Station, TX 77843-2138Jeanne AndreskiBusiness Administrator I(979) 862-2128
Fax Number - 979-845-6049
Email Address for Purchase Orders - ESSMBusiness@agnet.tamu.edu
- Business Office Staff
Contact Information Specialization Jeanne AndreskiBusiness Administrator I(979) 862-2128 Travel, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable, Account Reconciliation, Biweekly Payroll and Accounts Payable Melanie MaggardBusiness Associate II979-845-5582 Miki McClentonBusiness Coordinator I(979) 845-5034 Purchase Orders, Accounts Payable, Purchasing,Tracking and Departmental Invoicing, and Purchasing Cards Jessica ReeseBusiness Associate II979-845-5570 Matthew A. SmithResearch Assistant