Manages any and all functions relative to land management activities, marketing and harvesting forest products on lands owned by clients of TheMolpus Woodlands Group, LLC located in Western Louisiana. These land management functions may include planning, performing and/or contracting all silvicultural activities, all public relations issues (rights-of-way, easements, boundary line, etc.) and all other land use issues (hunting clubs, seismic activity, leases, etc.). Ensure all properties are managed in compliance with Louisiana’s Best Management Practices and MWG’s SFI® program. The marketing and harvesting functions may include evaluating and negotiating short and /or long term timber sales contracts and scheduling, monitoring and auditing harvesting resulting from the timber sales contracts.
- Provides leadership for TheMolpus Woodlands Group, LLC (MWG) staff within a specific geographic division.
- Assists in preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual, and 5-year plans and budgets for the land management, marketing, and harvesting functions within the specific division.
- Coordinates silvicultural, marketing, and harvesting activities performed either in-house or through contractual arrangements on MWG client property within the specific geographic division.
- Serves as a local contact for public relations and land use issues within the specific geographic division.
- Participates in negotiations with customers for the sale of forest products from the lands of MWG clients within the specific geographic division. Coordinates with MWG legal and accounting on the contract and sale of these products through the MWG settlement system.
- Implements strategies to ensure harvesting activities properly merchandize timber cut from lands of MWG clients. Ensure loggers maintain SIC sponsored professional logger training to maintain compliance under SFI® certified properties.
- Implements strategies to ensure overall timber security for timber growth and harvesting removals from MWG client properties.
- Manages hunting leases on client’s property and ensures income from this source is maximized.
- Provides on-ground support and recommends appropriate action on land use issues such as easements, rights-of-way, boundary lines, seismic requests, and other miscellaneous leases within the specific geographic division.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Forest Management or a closely related field and/or ten years professional experience in forestry management and/or timber procurement.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with common business/forestry computer software, including spreadsheet, word-processing, presentation, GIS and information systems software.
- Must be a dependable team player with strong ethics.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.