Great River Greening is a non-profit organization in Saint Paul, MN whose mission is to inspire, engage, and lead local communities in conserving and caring for the land and water that enrich our lives.
Guided by our mission, campaigns, and the particular interests and goals of the staff, projects may include natural area restoration, management plans, native plantings, working lands, and shoreline restoration. The primary duties of the project assistant will be to support the senior ecology staff, including some plant identification, cost estimates, map preparation, documentation, and planting specifications. The project assistant will conduct independent field and site reviews and must have access to a car.
- Execute site analysis, ecological design plans, cost estimates, and planting specifications.
- Assist Project Management tasks including project development, bid development and project management with assistance from other staff.
- Provide guidance to Greening’s field crew in the maintenance and follow-up of small ecological designs. Work with contractors and partners, where applicable.
- Provide ecological training and education to volunteers, clients and partner organizations when necessary.
- Represent Great River Greening at volunteer events, public meetings, and in interaction with public and private landowners.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
Full-time (40 hours per week), Monday through Friday, with occasional evenings and Saturdays.
Fulltime position with benefits, including health, dental, 401k, LTD, FSA, life insurance, and a generous PTO plan. Reports to the Operations Director. Salary is $34,000-$37,000, depending upon experience.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree or higher. The degree should be in ecology, landscape architecture, or related field. A portfolio of work products will be requested for the job interview.
- Strong familiarity with native plant community types of the Upper Midwest and good plant identification skills.
- Working knowledge of ARC VIEW, Microsoft Suites, and digital photography. Aerial photo interpretation a plus.
- Familiarity with managing design through to installation, including field supervision and tracking budgets.
- Conscientious, collaborative, reliable, and fun.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Todd Rexine, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon submitting application materials, please consider completing our optional self-identification application information form found here: http://www.greatrivergreening.org/applicant-form/