Dr. Marian Eriksson
|Specialization||Statistics, forest biometrics|
|Education||Ph.D. Forestry, University of Minnesota
M.S. Wildland Resource Science, University of California, Berkeley
B.S. Statistics, University of California, Berkeley
|Office Phone||(979) 845-6638|
|Address||534 John Kimbrough
WFES Building, room 328
College Station, TX 77843
- Associate Editor, Forest Science
- Member, FIA Subcommitee of the Research Committee of the American Forest and Paper Association
- Treasurer, Southeast Texas Chapter of the American Statistical Association
- Affiliated Member of the Department of Statistics Faculty, Texas A&M University
- Dendroecological modeling of southern pines
- Estimation of growth from point sampled data
- Spatial statistics
- Locational integrity of GIS databases
- GIS based decision support systems
- Modeling of harvesting behavior by private landowners
- Expert system modeling of plant hormone interactions
- Statistical graphics
Eriksson, M. Defining sample units and the duality between point and plot sampling. In revision for Forest Science.
Eriksson, M. A new theory of the components of growth and their estimation using horizontal point-sampled data. Submitted to Forest Science.
Finkelstain, D.B. and M. Eriksson. A dual expert knowledge base for plant hormone action. Submitted to Al applications.
Eriksson, M., C.D. Lin, C.E. Thomas and R.E. Lohrey. 1993. Dendroecological modeling of thinned and unthinned longleaf pine stands in the western gulf region. In: Brissette, J.C. (ed.), Proceedings of the Seventh Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference, Mobile AL. Nov. 17-19, 1993. USDA Forest Service, GTR SO-93, pp. 585-592.
Bell, K., M. Eriksson and K.P. Connaughton. 1992. Modeling harvesting behavior of private landowners in eastern Texas on a multi-county level. In: J.C. Welker (comp.), Proceedings of the 1992 Southern Forest Economics Workshop on the Economics of Southern Forest Productivity: Competing in World Markets, Mobile, AL., April 29-May 01, 1992. pp. 255-268.
Bell, Kelly and Marian Eriksson. 1992. Non industrial timber supply in the South: A probabilistic evaluation for East Texas. In: Proceedings of the Systems Analysis in Forest Resources Symposium, Marylin A. Buford (comp.) Charleston, SC. March 1991. USDA Forest Service GTRSE-74, pp. 337-341.
Eriksson, Marian and Alan R. Ek. 1992. On the bias of conventional dendrochronological methods. In revision for Canadian Journal of Forest Research.