Stand-Alone Certificate Application Process
To apply to complete a stand alone certificate without applying to a graduate program, follow these steps:
- First contact the graduate program advisor, Amanda Ray, at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you are applying.
- Fill out an on-line application for graduate study at Texas A&M through ApplyTexas: www.applytexas.org.
- Make sure to select the certificate option you would like to apply for. You should see Geographic Information Science and Remote Sensing as options.
- Pay the application fee (electronically via ApplyTexas)
- Submit official GRE scores that are less than five years old. This requirement may be waived. Contact Amanda Ray to inquire.
- The institutional code for Texas A&M University for reporting GRE and TOEFL scores is 6003; no department code is needed. (We do not accept GMAT for our program.)
- Once you have applied on ApplyTexas, you will receive access to AIS (applicant.tamu.edu). You can log in there and submit the following:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (preferably from professors).
- Statement of purpose. You can include information on how this certificate will positively influence your future career aspirations.
- You will also need to complete the departmental data sheet and confirmation page for your application to be complete.
- Also send official transcripts of coursework from all colleges/universities you have attended. (International applicants: Submit official translations as well.)
- International applicants: Submit proof of English proficiency, if required.
- International applicants: Submit official diplomas, with official translations, if those are not part of your transcript.
Make sure to email Amanda Ray, ESSM graduate program advisor, with any questions.